Welcome to ParadiseMC

"Creating what you envision."

Skyblock Skyblock Ranks

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by ItsAllGoodsy, Feb 11, 2018.

1. ItsAllGoodsy

ItsAllGoodsy Member

Reevaluation of Skyblock Ranks

Many people (including myself) bought their skyblock ranks many years ago prior to the introduction of global ranks to PMC, with which came alot of changes to permissions and perks of ranks and non-ranks.

Many of the perks paid for by skyblock ranks owners have been removed ie. /nick, /dis or /d, /blaze, /ender, /heal, and /fixall - for various reasons. but they were not replaced at all, just removed, but the rank price was retained unfairly.
    It should also be noted that it says on the floating text near the rank portion of spawn says "skyblock specific how super mega perks for skyblock only", i will assume how should be "have" or "has", which doesnt matter as skyblock ranks lack these "super mega perks" anyway.

The skyblock ranks also lack permissions that global ranks have. that realistically skyblock ranks should have to ie. /pshout, /pv, [item], /hdb, /giveamelon, /giveacookie, /eheal, /afk, nickname tickets, free credits, and /fireball.

As the skyblock rank price has been retained and those who paid for them can refund it, i believe that the skyblock ranks should be reevaluated, so as to replace the perks that have been removed in a way that balances the skyblock ranks out with the global ranks of the nearest value (eg. SkyGod and Captain). SkyGod (My rank) lacks perks that a $5 Global rank has, which is extremely unfair.

Please consider this, i dont expect huge changes but please atleast replace the perks that were taken, because thats what we paid for and they have been taken and not replaced in any way, at all.

- Goodsy

#1 ItsAllGoodsy, Feb 11, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Savage Savage x 1
  2. JoeAbe32

JoeAbe32 Noob Member

Okay just donate again

3. ItsAllGoodsy

ItsAllGoodsy Member

Or they could just fix the ranks to what they should be? I don't have the money to donate again, and I shouldn't have to.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Joe

Joe Active Member

1000x1000 islands or riot

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. ItsAllGoodsy

ItsAllGoodsy Member

Eh thats not even something i care about, im talking more /pshout, the mines and [item] more than the others.

6. 999p99

999p99 Active Member

You don't have [item]?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL WHY WAS THAT REMOVED? I'm weak.

7. TheOnlineWorld

Moderator Media Team

[item] is only for global rank users @999p99
    A quote from the store FAQ
    "
    Q: Will I always have the perks for the rank I purchase? Is it possible that they will be changed in the future?

• While you will always have perks from the rank you purchased associated with your account, it is possible that the server administration will change what is available with your rank. ParadiseMC reserves the right to change, with or without notice, any rank’s content or price. Benefits of specific ranks can change; in the event that they are changed you will not be entitled to previous benefits. No rank benefit will be changed without a valid, game-balancing reason. This is quoted directly from our Terms of Service, which can be found here.
    "
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KJHexnLHYK1ezcLGGNW7ns5eonH4J-ois_jNkeMqPB4/edit < the terms of service

8. djwang546

djwang546 Member

If this is going to happen, please do it with ranks from all servers, not just skyblock.

9. ItsAllGoodsy

ItsAllGoodsy Member

But if youre going to retain the prices, then you should REPLACE perks, not remove them entirely, thats what im requesting. because as it stands, skyblock ranks are overpriced.

You also quoted that "No rank benefit will be changed without a valid, game-balancing reason. This is quoted directly from out terms of service..."
    I don't think /ender and /blaze were unbalanced... its a particle effect, you just wanna make it cost money... same goes with /nick. You only took these away so as to get "more" money via the cosmetics shop.

Mod Note: dont double post

#9 ItsAllGoodsy, Feb 13, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. RyanToggles

RyanToggles Active Member

if they're overpriced dont buy them anymore. they switched to global ranks because they're a much better value anyway.

11. TheOnlineWorld

Moderator Media Team

The 2 people paid to-do work for the server would be Jon and Dylan. No one else sees the money besides Nick. And the rest of the staff don't have the right to change prices. Also cosmetics are completely Dylan's reign he says if they can be perks or not. So if a particle or costume was removed that would be at the developers discretion not the staff teams.

Those are all global rank perks not per server perks. and as for the issues with /nick use /enick and it will show in the /list and when ever you go afk etc just not chat wise because Nickname tickets override.

12. Dankest_

Dankest_ Developer
    Developer

It's true I did get paid for some work I did do. But anyways as to not stay off topic OP's concerns are not something that hasn't been seen before. I can't really speak for cosmetics but most/all perks should have their own server specific variant if not, an attachment to the Arcade permissions which enables them access to some of the features only global ranks have. That or a revamp altogether. The only two I'd still deny have to be 1k x 1k islands. I don't think people nor Nick understood how LARGE that is. bSkyblock could make this into a possibility. But currently I can assure you there's just not enough power to apply this to the current Skyblock. Fireball I simply don't want it because of the ridiculous changes that have to be made to allow it to properly function without it causing damage but this isn't such a huge issue that it can't be worked out if players really want it. I should also add a disclaimer here that this is my opinion. But I haven't worked for Nick in months. I simply have permissions in case anything major happens that current staff can't fix.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. ItsAllGoodsy

ItsAllGoodsy Member

Understandable, i agree with this all. 1k x 1k islands are what i was referring to ever, but i believe some sort of command perk, perhaps something like we used to have or maybe the mines?, but something thats balanced, should be added. Its a shame that many of the rank perks were removed, i still love the server and i play it for hours everyday.

Definitely didnt intend to target the staff team or anyone in particular, apologies if anyone took offense.

Skyblock ranks dont even have AFK, so thats not gonna show. I understand those are designed and only for Global ranks, could Skyblock ranks get something else? Mines, etc.? /enick doesnt work anyway

#13 ItsAllGoodsy, Feb 14, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  14. TheOnlineWorld

Moderator Media Team

You go "afk" after a certain amount of time i see it happen on my second window when I'm watching videos. Enick works everywhere besides skyblock then? Because in survival they still have access to enick and nick it just doesnt show in chat

15. FallenAngel24

I'm Overlord and Mod. We only have /afk to show we left for a bit. We still get kicked after 10-15minutes

16. ItsAllGoodsy

ItsAllGoodsy Member

Doesnt master have /afk? I know Teddy uses it ALOT. but yeah im aware it doesnt stop kicks.

17. ItsaChicken

ItsaChicken Well-Known Member

Y'all are worrying about silly stuff when the real question is yet to be asked, are we going to see kitty cannon come back?

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. ItsAllGoodsy

ItsAllGoodsy Member

/kittycannon still works.

19. ItsaChicken

ItsaChicken Well-Known Member

dang ;o; but what about the other servers? (i only tested creative)

20. ItsAllGoodsy

ItsAllGoodsy Member

I dont play on the other servers, and i only have a rank on skyblock, however thered probably be people on each server who u could ask