Welcome to ParadiseMC

"Creating what you envision."

Skyblock Lots of suggestions for skyblock

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by Amplifyinq, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Amplifyinq

Amplifyinq Noob Member

1. Access to a /lordshop command or something of that sort. For people that have access to the lordshop, we all know how annoying it is to go there manually and sell it there manually. Even though we can set a home right in front of the sell sign for whatever we like to sell(usually melon), it still takes 5 seconds. The people that have access to it should have access to a command, /lordshop, or a special section you can click to so you can bring up a GUI to use lordshop in /shop.

2. Access to /back. If the lordshop idea doesn't work, or even if it does, /back would be a great command that could be available to everyone or special ranked players. It would be good for selling melons at lordshop or just going between islands without having to tpa and wait for the other person to accept.

3. Boss fights or something of that sort for everybody. Maybe we could have a boss fight such as an ender dragon fight or multiple or a wither or something of that sort. This would be most likely done during a certain time period once a day or once a week or whatever the server chooses. People would get various prizes based on their damage to the boss and in chat it would look like this:

1st place : Amplifyinq - 62.98%
    2nd place : BlahBlahBlah - 22.02%
    3rd place : Blah - 8.65%

The players could get rewards such as spawners, mineral blocks, keys, or other wanted items on the server. This could also apply on other servers but I mostly play skyblock so that is why I am writing about it.

4. More island warps depending on ranks or maybe being able to buy them in game. This is so that you can have one island warp for a player shop and one for your house for example. Multiple island warps would be bought either in game for cash in game or with ranks.

5. Perks added to the game. I personally think it would be cool to be able to buy perks with in game cash to upgrade your island. The command could be /upgrade, /perks, /is upgrade, /is perks, or something of that sort. How it would work is that you would pay for some perks such as increased hopper speed, more mob loot when dropped, increased plant growth rates, increased spawn rates for spawners, etc. This would be really cool to see and people would grind for stuff like that so they can get even more money. Obviously there would be limits to the upgrades, especially ones like hopper speeds and plant growth rates since it could cause lag. There could also be perks like /fly that could be bought with in game cash that would be distributed to all the island members for the people that don't have /fly. There could be permanent effects on your island such as permanent speed 2, permanent haste 2, or other perks.

6. Special Tools could be added to the game. These would be tools that would be more op than normal ones. For example, an axe could chop down a whole tree or a pickaxe could mine a 3x3x3 area per block mined. These could have cool names such as a "Lumberjack Axe" or a "Jackhammer" or other names. This could also work with shovels and other tools or even swords. Swords could have an ability to kill multiple mobs from one stack of mobs. These special tools could be bought with real life money, gtokens, in game money, or something else like that.

7. /block, /ingot, or something like that could be added to the game. /block would convert all ingots/minerals into their block form and /ingot would convert all nuggets to ingots automatically. This would be good in situations where you just have to convert a lot of minerals or nuggets into their bigger form and it takes a long time. /block could also convert stuff such as snow balls into snow, melon slices into melon blocks, and other things.

8. Chunk loaders. There are many times, even on my island, when I want to work on something on one side of the island that is too far from another farm so it doesn't load. My solution for this is chunk loader blocks. Just like something you would see in a modded version of minecraft, chunk loaders will essentially load the chunks for you. These could be bought with real life money, gtokens, in game money, or something else. They would be a special block or head or something that could be placed to load a 16x16x255 chunk even while you aren't there. It would not load anything if a player from the island is not online since that is basically afking without afking... kind of. Only when a member of the island is online it would work since spawners have a low chunk loading distance.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Daniel51003

Daniel51003 Manager
    Manager

I will reply to full post later cuz I'm busy atm with family but /condense is a thing on skyblock currently. I forget what ranks get it tho

3. ItsAllGoodsy

ItsAllGoodsy Member

Agree with all of these, great ideas. i think they could implement boss fights as an alternative to dp's, so maybe every 4 or so dp's we get a boss fight.

The lordshop idea is a must imo, the amount of times that my ping has hindered me from warping to market and moving or opening the shops is insane, then it gets stuck in a loop of lagging out.

The chunks should be loaded in anyway, we shouldnt need to pay for anything, thats just a dumb decision (imo) on the devs behalf

The tools seem like the kind of custom enchants you see in Factions tbh, and MCMMO would act similarly, ie. Treefeller i think its called.

4. TheOnlineWorld

Moderator Media Team

10/10 would rate a -10

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. tiwats

tiwats Media Team
    Media Team

Chunk loading, if a lot of people had it, I'd think there'd be way too many chunks loading for the server to run smoothly.

The boss fight idea actually pretty cool. Might consider doing an entire event on it, given that we can find a plugin for it. Private message me about it if you'd like :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ItsAllGoodsy

ItsAllGoodsy Member

I dont think skyblock has a high enough player count that would even cause this, but im not sure, could it be tested at all?

7. tiwats

tiwats Media Team
    Media Team

Say each island wanted to cover the perimeter of their base, that would be 6 on each side, making 24 chunks loaded for just one island. If even 5 people had an average of 24, that's 120 chunks loaded at once. I assume if people buy chunk loaders they aren't just going to buy some for some parts of the island.

Also having idle chunk mining is going to indefinitely contribute to more economy instability, and I think it was established that people don't like resets.

8. ItsAllGoodsy

ItsAllGoodsy Member

noone wants the reset...

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. DukeShepGaming_

Moderator Media Team

there is a custom enchant "blast" that does this
    There is the /condense command

Boss fights sound cool tho :/

10. ItsaChicken

ItsaChicken Well-Known Member

most of these are actually pretty good. hope to see some of them implemented

11. ItsAllGoodsy

ItsAllGoodsy Member

there isnt a /condense command on skyblock...

12. Daniel51003

Daniel51003 Manager
    Manager

there 100% is that command on skyblock. You just need the proper rank to get permissions for it

13. ChrisNub

ChrisNub Retired Staff

Don't quote me on this but I believe it is Captain+

14. Raceh

Raceh Builder
    Build Team

it was suilams fault for my denying of my mod application. hehe

15. ItsAllGoodsy

ItsAllGoodsy Member

oh coz when i did /condense it says unknown command or something

16. TheOnlineWorld

Moderator Media Team

/blocks is what I used as a captain+

17. Dankest_

Dankest_ Developer
    Developer

The boss fights one could be easily implemented imho. The only REAL issue with it is the config ( It's large and stupidly complicated because some of the settings with it have to run smoothly with spigot or it ruins the point of the boss itself )

As for chunk loaders. Ehh the reason is essentially the same as having 50 tabs of chrome open. It's wasted resources. There would be a substantial amount of abuse with it. Though maybe it could work by combining it with world border (Before anybody asks this plugin allows you to pre-load chunks in order to substantially reduce lag from people loading in chunks wastefully). They're good ideas and they're all within the realm of possibility.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Amplifyinq

Amplifyinq Noob Member

For your last thing about the tools. MCMMO would be great because we could also salvage down diamond kit gear that nobody really wants and the trash we get from the crates and gold swords from pigmen.

19. 999p99

999p99 Active Member

IMO, a much better system is a generic /sell that opens a double chest, and you put all items you want to sell into there. That way you don't have to navigate through a fancy shop feature to sell the item you want.

If you are normal rank, you get normal /shop sell value. If you are lord rank or higher, you get lord sell value. I think this would be a lot more convenient.

100% agree. Easy to implement and convenient for the player

This sounds really cool. If PMC doesn't want to make their own custom plugin, there's already a public custom boss battle plugin that they could use.

https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/mobarena.34110/
    https://github.com/garbagemule/MobArena/wiki

Would be nice. That way I could set up a warp to two different profit shops.

o_O cool ideas except for the speed, haste, and fly thing. IMO those are fine as is.

Make the perks expensive though, like double hopper speed would cost $500,000 and higher growth rates would cost like $750,000 and higher spawn rate would be like $1 mil.

Yeah MCMMO would be really nice.

Sounds good. From comments it's available to captain+ which is kinda silly. Would be nice if everyone had it.

Don't really like this idea. It would probs lag the server :/

Though I do agree I have an issue with how the spawners work because I always can never get all my zombies/skeles to spawn because of the low distance. Idk.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Blake22

Blake22 Noob Member

Amplifying why haven't you been on man. i miss you bb <3