Welcome to ParadiseMC

"Creating what you envision."

It's time.

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Daniel51003, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Daniel51003

Daniel51003 Retired Staff

Hello guys, this post has been something that I've thought about making for awhile now and I finally am confident that it is time for me to finally make it. I've second guessed this a lot and still probably will but here it goes. This will be lengthy so bear with me.

Before I continue with the main reason of this post I want go back to when I first started playing on PMC. I found this server and played mainly prison, as time passed I grew to love the server and decided that I should try to apply for staff. I was accepted and then made it to mod. I continued to enjoy playing and branched out onto other gamemodes. Eventually I was promoted to admin and that was an exciting day for me when that happened. A few months down the road I was offered the position of senior admin which I ended up refusing for some of the same reasons I am stepping down now. I felt that the management did not care about the server as much as the lower ranked staff members did and I felt I was wasting my time trying to help when they didn't care. That was the first time that I retired.

Quite some time later I was asked to reapply to the staff team to help out and maybe work to improve things. I applied and got mod again and started staffing on the server again, there were not many people that were there to help manage servers so I hopped in and volunteered to help try keeping skyblock in good condition. Eventually, In January I was offered Manager, which I accepted because I felt that I would do a good job at it. Some people resented my jump from mod to manager and others were happy about it.

I first attacked the job of being a manager with eager, I spent hours and hours everyday working on the server and trying to learn how to configure servers and understanding the countless plugins that the server used. I spent hours on working on a reset from the ground up and learned a lot of things along the way. I even enjoyed doing this, when a problem would show up it would make me feel good when I found a way to fix it and make plugins work.

Unfortunately, the problems that caused me to leave the first time had not changed one bit. I would message Nick many times with questions about certain things or asking him to help with one thing or another. Sometimes he would reply within a few hours and other times it would require me to like triple message him over the course of a few days before getting a reply. At first, I didn't really let this bug me and I just accepted that that would be the way it'd be.

Unfortunately, after months of waiting days for replies and asking for help countless times without ever really seeing any effort from your boss, you begin to question why you're spending hours and hours working on a server a week when he couldn't come on at least once every week or two just for a few hours to help out and show that he cared. On multiple occasions, after me sending paragraphs about the frustration of how he was acting, he promised he'd help with resets and things along those lines. Those promises amounted to nothing besides get my hopes up for a short amount of time before I realized nothing would happen.

Now you might feel like I'm making this post to lay all the blame on Nick and that is not the case. I blame myself for the fall of PMC. Sure it was already declining when I got promoted to manager and yes I did put in a lot of effort and hours to work on the server but I could've done more. I should've hosted more events and made the server more entertaining to play on but between balancing school, work and other activities that I do everyday, it was hard to devote more time to the server. I'm not glad with how I was as a manager but I feel I put in a lot of work and it still couldn't change how the server was declining. Even these past few months, where I have been working full time(~40 hours a week) I still managed to get on whenever I could and work on fixing things. I'm sorry that PMC had to fall like this, it was a great server and I'm sorry if I've failed you guys.

There are many of you on this server that I have become close friends with and some of you I don't talk to as much which is unfortunate but I just wanted to thank you for making PMC a fun place to be. Don't take it personally if I don't tag you in this post because or else I'd have to list a bunch of people.

@Dankest_ Thank you for being essentially my mentor when it came to anything related to configs or plugins or working the machines. Without you I would never have learned as much as I did and I appreciate that you were always there for me when I had questions.

@SaintNickGamez You're a cool guy in general and I'm willing to help out in the future if you need it. I just hope that you learn from this and understand that small things can have a far larger impact that you believe. Simply showing that you care and that you're willing to help speaks volumes and is a good thing to do especially when running a server.

@FallenAngel24 @TheOnlineWorld @Faiaz @Kevin Thank you all for being great friends and helping me so much with the resets. You guys are all awesome and you definitely made lots of things a lot easier.

@ChrisNub Thank you for being the first mentor I ever had when I first got staff, you were always a good person to go to when asking for opinions on problems and you gave your input while we were all working on the reset and I appreciate that

@IrishNoise Thanks for being part of the build team and a good friend as well. Always a voice of reason in the discord chat and I appreciated that.

Thank you all for being part of my time in PMC, even if I didn't mention you. I still appreciate all of you guys. I mainly saved the direct mentions for people who helped a lot with making the resets during the time I was manager.

Now there is some news that might be announced by Nick soon but that is up to him.

Anyways, This is my last post ever as manager on PMC. Farewell.

• Love Love x 6
  2. ChrisNub

ChrisNub Retired Staff

I wouldn't be so harsh on yourself. You did everything you could to try to pull PMC out the sinking hole it was already falling into for far longer than I care to think about. You did everything you could and in my honest opinion did a damn good job at it, despite having certain people nagging over your shoulder constantly. It's a shame to see PMC go down like this, but all good things must come to an end as they say.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  3. TheOnlineWorld

TheOnlineWorld Retired Staff

Thank you for the time and effort you put in im really going to miss this place.

• Love Love x 1
  4. Taylorr

Taylorr Well-Known Member

bye bye daniel o/

• Love Love x 1
  5. Daniel51003

Appreciate that Chris <3

Thank you for helping man!

Bye taylor, you still exist xD

6. Taylorr

Taylorr Well-Known Member

sadly xD

7. FallenAngel24

FallenAngel24 Retired Staff

8. Joe

Joe Active Member

you're blaming yourself? are you okay? there wasn't much more you could do. I appreciate the time you put in

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  9. ChaoticoMC

ChaoticoMC Member

Welcome to retirement village!

• Like Like x 2
  10. FallenAngel24

FallenAngel24 Retired Staff

He's returning as well Kevin lol

11. Daniel51003

same same lolol
    appreciate it man <3
    its gonna be a nice stay

12. SaintNickGamez

SaintNickGamez Network Owner
    Owner

SaintNickGamez
    thank you for your service Dan the man.

• Like Like x 1
  13. s_ohno

s_ohno Active Member

Bruh, don't blame yourself... people have been knowing for years whose fault it really was.

I tried to offer real, legit, adult solutions to solving the problems, by treating the server like the real business that running a server can be. Unfortunately that all fell on deaf ears.

• Agree Agree x 1