Welcome to ParadiseMC

"Creating what you envision."

Global I call for an ultimate global reset

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ItzFoxi, May 7, 2018.

1. ItzFoxi

ItzFoxi Active Member

I call for an Ultimate Global Reset to reset everything, maybe even the server name. I know people would be saying, "WAT TF. RESETS R DE ONE DAT RUINED DEH SERVER. REEEEEE." However, I think that if we go back to scratch and reset every single thing, it can revive it.

Too lazy to add more cause I'm busy. Leave your opinions below.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Joe

Joe Active Member

i'd give the server another try if there were to be a full, well thought out reset, with the right staff team behind it

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Taylorr

Taylorr Well-Known Member

lmfao tbh nothing could revive pmc. its just dead.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. ItzFoxi

ItzFoxi Active Member

Maybe not. However, we can change the server name, along with everything else.

5. RyanToggles

RyanToggles Active Member

I dont think very many people would be happy if ranks were reset, but I may be wrong.

6. TheOnlineWorld

Moderator Media Team

Perk changes can be done because thats part of the terms of service. but i dont think anyone would "lose" their rank

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. RyanToggles

RyanToggles Active Member

Didnt say it couldnt be done said people wouldnt be happy if ranks (or perks) were removed.

8. Daniel51003

Daniel51003 Manager
    Manager

Full on removing ranks would be very unfair for everyone who purchased it, theoretically if a global reset were to happen I would not want to reset those, maybe add/remove or change some of the perks but everyone would keep their ranks

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Joe

Joe Active Member

theoretically huh :>

10. LukeFrost

LukeFrost Retired Staff

Global reset = Skyblock reset = Skyblock revival = PMCs number 1 income maker back again.

11. ItsaChicken

ItsaChicken Well-Known Member

lol the only problem with this is that if it were reset actual work would have to be put into it, instead of the least amount of work possible like they usually do

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Raceh

Raceh Builder
    Build Team

Anything could happen honestly but since these last numbers I don’t know if doing a global reset is a good idea. We need advertisement.

It seems like we’re doing a lot of resets and people seem to think that will attract new players, as you can see resetting only attracts maybe 15+ people for a week then it slumps back down again.

I call for better advertisement, media team work extra hard and see what we can do. Let’s bring back the old pmc.

Like what some said before me, a lot of resets in the past have completely backfired. We need a right staff team to be behind this and on board to do a correct reset. Work has to be done now to start reviving.

13. LukeFrost

LukeFrost Retired Staff

I disagree. From my past experience of advertising vs resets it’s clear that advertising brings in a lot more players. However, how long until those players realise how hollow and dull the current PMC is? A week? A month? We need something permanant and that isn’t advertising (yet). If we were to advertise right now, we’d get around 2,000 new players and 1,000 ish current players on... I would say a solid 45% of those players are hackers. So, what’s the problem with that? Well, if you currently go on kitpvp with any decent hacked client, you can literally fly around and speed hack up to max capacity with no kick. This is because KITPVP doesn’t have an anticheat. NCP isn’t an anticheat. It doesn’t even stop basic hacks, it’s a notification plugin at best. Before we start advertising we need to first sort the server out. KITPVP needs an anticheat like the rest of the server, Skyblock needs a new economy (more fun), CnR needs to be revamped (also needs to fix the lag every 20 seconds because CnR is loading player data every 20 seconds) and most importantly, we need to get enough staff to handle 1000 concurrent players.

(PS: Sorry I wrote this on my phone)

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Joe

Joe Active Member

yes

I think the biggest problem with skyblock is that the economy is dominated by ranks and kits instead of farms like it used to be. In older iterations anyone could get to the top, which is why it was exciting to start an island and so many new people stayed, but as the competitive aspect has died down, the community behind it dissolved too. I think where staff have gone wrong in the past is adding too many pointless features, in my opinion it just becomes gimmicky. Create a fun and rewarding economy, where you can be proud of the farms you think up (as dumb as that sounds), as they would actually give you results. Give people with ranks advantages, not free passes to the top, that's not fun for anyone.

I don't want a reset to happen soon though. It should only happen when and only when everything is as good as it can be. The senior staff need to be thorough and think this through properly. When the time's right, back the reset with some big money, get players in and make them excited to play. If anything is half done it will flop. I probably have a lot more to say but this is a good start and I doubt anyone really cares anyway. Maybe I'm being naive but I still see potential in paradise, I really think a revival is doable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Raceh

Raceh Builder
    Build Team

I agree with you on this, I never realized some things had to be fixed...

Priority one would be fixing the problems that people have been reporting and adding some programs such as anti-cheat into the kitpvp server.

Priority two would be to reset THE RIGHT WAY, this is so new players aren’t compared against people that have higher stats or levels then them. That ruins competition or whatever.

Finally priority 3 would be to be on top of advertising to bring in new players. I agree with Luke on this though, he makes a great point.

16. Joe

Joe Active Member

I too enjoy repeating what other people say and adding nothing of any weight to the conversation

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Savage Savage x 1
  17. TheWelshGnome

TheWelshGnome Noob Member

We definitely could do with a reset and get everybody starting on a level field. A whole new map (I highly recommend checking out the Biome Bundle pack) to give everything a refreshing new start.

Definitely do NOT agree with rank/perk resets. We paid to get what came with the rank, so it would be nice to keep said-perks that come with the rank please.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Dankest_

Dankest_ Developer
    Developer

One thing me and Daniel have been trying to figure out is balancing of the donors we already have as well as the ones who have purchased a legacy rank, they had so many things removed from them with no real replacement. But yea reset done right that's true. I'll be 100% honest this will be much slower for me to do much of anything. Since leaving PMC I dedicate most of my life to work. Ranks will not be reset or removed, they will be transferred but you will notice almost no change besides some command changes as well as the available cosmetics. We are also figuring out a system to allow titles to still be a thing. This would be with the removal of Arcade which managed all of these things. But unfortunately has become much too buggy to be a viable tool anymore.

I am still not considered staff but I appreciate everyone's input on all of this and even though I have limited time to dedicate to PMC I want to diligently work with Daniel and Kevin on releasing new features/servers that only have our best work/effort put into them. We need to be sure the core of the servers are done to the upmost quality before focusing on any extras. And an economy is practically the life of Skyblock's play style (as well as any good server) with farms included of course. Any suggestions are still welcome. Thanks everyone again for taking the time to respond to this or any suggestion thread. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  19. 999p99

999p99 Active Member

Why the hell are we talking about resets when Nick can't even fix the damn voting verifier?

• Like Like x 2
  20. LukeFrost

LukeFrost Retired Staff

I’m a simple man, I see “removal of arcade”... I click.