Welcome to ParadiseMC

"Creating what you envision."

Elo / Arena

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by Zoku, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Zoku

Zoku Active Member

Ok so before the kids that say "elo will ruin the game" LisTEn PLeAeEZ[​IMG]

Ok so anyways I was thinking that kitpvp could have elo duels and normal duels. So the way this would work is you do /duel, a inventory pops up and gives you options to what kit, if you want elo or not, etc. In my opinion this would be pretty cool but then again I'm always wrong fml.

Then the duel arena maps, I would just like it if you made a flat map with a cool design on it. I made a post about this and the builder for the server said "I will consider adding it" but it was never added, which I still am highly salted about. Anyways I have a couple examples of what these flat maps would look like. First off let me say why I don't like the current map. The tall grass trees and water fountain are a nice touch, detail wise. The reason I say detail wise is because when you are 1v1ing with someone in duels, you start hitting the grass, run into the tree, and sometimes even go into the water fountain thing. Ok so now for the examples of the arenas

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I feel like this would a be a good edition to the duel arenas, although, don't copy these maps, make something unique that is flat and is in another world. I will also suggest that you should be able to pick a map in this menu. I don't know if the plugin creators for the server could do that, but it would be a nice edition.

In conclusion, an option for elo duels and some new FLAT maps would be nice. ~zokuUU tHe WeeABoO, OuT!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. iiPlazma

iiPlazma Noob Member

YUS I AUGREE 1000 PUR CENT, even tho you got me banned, this honestly would add a nice touch to the server and make it more fun to play, so that other than going on another server to 1v1, players could just 1v1 on here, the flat map idea is great, and yes i agree that the decorations on the current duels map are annoying, you can add decorations out of bounds of players, so like on the side of the arena, I think that would add a nice touch and still not annoy people because it gets in the way of pvp.

I agree with this post, and hope it goes into consideration.

~Thank you for reading, ~Hassan out, pce.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kyoceti

Kyoceti Active Member

4. LukeFrost

LukeFrost Retired Staff

ELO is a rating system, it simply calculates how well you have done before and will put you with player to your skill, you will then progress with higher ELO or downscale with lower ELO dependant on if you win or lose. It's commonly used and referred to real games such as FPS or RTS games, not a block game but hey, people take this game too seriously.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. BenL

BenL Member

If paradise made their own duel map it would be an extreme hills biome where people can run for ages

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. MelissaLynne

Moderator Media Team

This is some very neat suggestions and I have some questions to ask you about it.
    If we were to add it would it only be effected on kitpvp or server-wide like the duels currently are? Also, to actually have a point to Elo, would we have leaderboards posted at spawn?

7. Chey9267

Chey9267 Well-Known Member

I like teh idea o3o

8. Zoku

Zoku Active Member

I was thinking the same thing about the leaderboards and yes, also if you elo farm it should be temp-bannable

And yes it would affect the duels server wide

9. Wuil

Wuil Noob Member

Elo would be dope

10. suilam

suilam Media Team
    Media Team

Elo would be a pretty cool idea if there's actually pvpers on paradise. Is it considered elo farm if there's only two players and you keep queuing him?

11. Vitaeus

Vitaeus Noob Member

wut tipe ov dools cuz ith poots i kms okl

12. Zoku

Zoku Active Member

Yeah it would be but that should be the same punishment for kill farming... @criticaldrop

13. Liv

Liv Member

Neato! I don't duel much but this seems good. shrug

14. LukeFrost

LukeFrost Retired Staff

You can’t ELO farm with just 1 person due to the fact that if you have a good ELO plug-in, if you win then you will have more ELO than the guy you just killed, if you try to queue with them again, it shouldn’t work.

15. suilam

suilam Media Team
    Media Team

You will get like one elo I think lmao

16. LukeFrost

LukeFrost Retired Staff

Ohhh, this isn’t ELO then. ELO calculates a percentage and gives you an amount IE say if I had 20 ELO you had 20, I beat u because I’m sick I would get around 5-12 and that would be removed from you. Idk ELO in minecraft is weird someone puts ELO in their plugin name and then they think it’s the real thing. Either way it’d be cool + you could always make an ELO limit (can only get/lose ELO from 1 person every x amount of time)

17. Jorjie

Jorjie Noob Member

An elo system would be good and may add a nice flare, a competitive feel similar to other dueling servers would be good.

18. Joe

Joe Active Member

you're hot