Welcome to ParadiseMC

"Creating what you envision."

[Complete] Scheduled Freelance Maintenance and Some news!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by JonSkrub, Jul 31, 2017.

1. JonSkrub

JonSkrub Exec Admin
    Executive Administrator

Hello everyone!

Jon back here again to let you know about some updates as well as information on the scheduled Freelance maintenance.

This Freelance is gonna be rather.. Short due to not many issues being reported.

Times are as follows on 08/01/2017:
    12:00 am PST - 1:00 am PST
    2:00 am CST - 3:00 am CST
    3:00 am EST - 4:00 am EST

- Migrate Pex to MySQL.
    - Barriers around spawn.
    - Possibly some market modifications.

I've also got some other news. Many of you have noticed that a player of ours currently has the Jr.Exec prefix or title what have you. I wanted to explain to you; the community on what this means. The Senior @katniss currently holds this rank.

Why?
    When I retired the last time. Unfortunately I left without training anybody to take my position. We ended up getting a random executive and honestly it caused a lot of issues within the community.

Reasoning and benefits
    So most of you are probably wondering what benefits this new "position" could hold. Well first and foremost with a Jr.Exec at hand when I am unavailable to fix something it can be entrusted to the Jr.Exec as I will be personally training kat to take on tasks I do on a day to day basis at a standard equivalent to mine or greater. This includes stopping a server, restarting or simply sorting out an issue that a server is having. @katniss will have access to all things I do. But she will still be treated as a senior. This position is not for power but rather for learning and hands on experience. Any and all executive decisions will still be made by me. This is something I have spoken with Nick about and I hope it's successful. Because honestly I feel you; the community would much prefer somebody who you recognize around the server helping you out than someone out of the blue. Which is what Im trying to achieve. When it's my time to go I hope to leave with you an exec you can all respect and trust to help you with any issue you may have. I hope this explanation relays the message I am trying to send to you.

Jon Signing off!

#1 JonSkrub, Jul 31, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. LukeFrost

LukeFrost Guest

Because he was shite and hiring staff on PMC is a bad idea.

This Freelance was a somewhat fail for one reason and it's the usual reason that keeps popping up. The reset was rushed. It was going great when we were making it but it was released unfinished, with bugs and glitches that allowed people to get millions in the first day. Quests were never completed and the entire opportunity and potential was missed. Although I like seeing you try to revive it.

As long as she doesn't break PDB again she'll be fine I guess.

Remove Cpt America, I don't even understand why he's on the staff team. I have seen the servers he has made and they're all generic and vanilla. PMC is at that stage already so I'd suggest removing him before we turn into Realms.

• Like Like x 1
    • Savage Savage x 1
  3. s_ohno

s_ohno Active Member

Another new staff member that was previously demoted involuntarily from PMC is just what the server needs if it wants to keep losing the respect of the players! It's almost like @SaintNickGamez holds a deep contempt for the paying customers of his server and is actively trying to kill off PMC.

Fully in support of training up @katniss to have more responsibility. We need more long-term, stable, and respectable adult staff members like her, with the authority and responsibility to fix players' issues... and way less of these random insertions into the staff team.

After the debacle that was inviting one of PMC's most notorious hackers and previously most frequently banned players onto staff and the uproar that caused as he quite predictably abused his powers, then the spectacular failure that was RevVs' promotion and his half-assed server reset, it's remarkably stupid to pull the exact same move just weeks later.

I stopped giving the server money for months because of the leadership issues on PMC. Of course in the month that I actually begin to donate again in support of JonNub's return and the clean up of issues with staff, things immediately begin to return to idiocy.

4. MelissaLynne

MelissaLynne Admin
    Administrator Media Team

Definitely excited to see how Kat performs as you train her to be an exec, and definitely look forward to all the great things she can (and will) accomplish!
    good luck with maintenance as always Jon!

5. Katniss

Katniss Senior Admin
    Senior Administrator

I'm too lazy to quote but, luke, you know freelance wasn't rushed. Hence why it has so little issues. I'm still grateful for the time and efforts Jonnub put into freelance to bring it back. <3
    I'm really glad theres support for me training under Jon. I like to believe him and I hold the same approach to how we do things on pmc. Which is listen to the players first, act second. We both just want what you guys want. We both enjoy playing on pmc and just want to make that experience as good as it can be. Within reason.
    Thanks jon for working on maintenance. Sorry I won't be able to stay up that late to be with you tho. ;-;

6. suilam

suilam Well-Known Member

I know a lot of people are supporting Jon training kat but I don't think a nub should be training another nub

7. Katniss

Katniss Senior Admin
    Senior Administrator

I'm gonna be skrub at the end of the day so problem solved :D

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. LukeFrost

LukeFrost Guest

-Beta player's invs weren't cleared like they were discussed to do so.
    -Quests isn't fixed
    -Dupe glitch for mob spawners from /kit winner
    -Kit glitching
    -No deopped players
    -World guard wasn't setup for pvp
    -Couldn't pvp in /warp pvp
    -Could fly in PvP
    -/warp resources didn't enable mob killing for non-opped players
    -/reclaim could be abused
    -mob stacking didn't work
    -nether mobs weren't spawnable in overworld
    -Economy was broken within the first few days
    -Freelance wasn't accessible for non-whitelisted players
    -Freelance NCP didn't work

Idk, I might be overthinking a tad but to me this kinda feels a bit rushed, but hey, what do I know? *Cough* played on Freelance for years*Cough*

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Daniel51003

Daniel51003 Retired Staff
    Trial Moderator

Is reclaim ever gonna be added on freelance again or is that gone till next reset?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. s_ohno

s_ohno Active Member

And survival!

11. RyanToggles

RyanToggles Active Member

Economy was broken bc some people had stacks of igs from beta...

12. LukeFrost

LukeFrost Guest

Which links to the part where there was suppose to clear everyones; bals, plots, ec's, etc.
    Economy was also broken because of the shop but I already stated that.

13. Appromode

Appromode Retired Staff

Ngl I don't think Kat is the right person to train as an exec

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. LukeFrost

LukeFrost Guest

We will see...

15. s_ohno

s_ohno Active Member

At least she's an adult though. A whole lot of PMC's issues are caused by putting kids in positions of responsibility.

16. HugsPugs

HugsPugs Retired Staff

True, but adult or not, it's all in the matter of is she fit for it.

Imo some people aren't meant for higher ranks such as exec+. No offense towards anyone, but this to me just screams biased.
    Kat being the one out of anyone, http://prntscr.com/g4volm not to mention this... Makes me skeptical.

An example would be like fai going from admin to manager, (no hate pls fai), I'm not saying that him getting manager was biased, I'm saying that it just didn't feel right. And to me, this whole "jr exec" thing, reminds me of that.

But as Luke said, worth a shot to see how it goes

p.s, please don't bring back Sr.Mod or whatever the rank was named

17. LukeFrost

LukeFrost Guest

I have to disagree with this. All the "kids" I have seen on PMC staff team are either too shy or they don't know what they're doing so they will allow older staff members to do it.

I don't know how old Kat is, but she has corrupted player's data. That's a huge deal. Actually, that's one of the worst things that has ever happened, a map or a few plugins can be fixed in 5 mins through backups but this player database problem corrupted mine and others entire player data. Ranks, cosmetics, bal, everything. I get it, she deserves another chance and that is fine. But for someone to do something like that then a week after she is offered Jr is obviously biased, you can't say it's not. But hey, it's PMC.

18. Katniss

Katniss Senior Admin
    Senior Administrator

I've said it so many times but it doesn't register. My player data corrupted the server. Legit I did nothing to cause it. Just being on skyblock made console go nuts. There wasn't a single command I did to make anything happen. In fact the only command being used at the time was /shop as I was buying sea lanterns and placing them.
    It wasn't of my doing that caused skyblock to crash. If it was, I don't think I'd have been given senior to do it again.

19. LukeFrost

LukeFrost Guest

And how exactly did that just happen?

20. Katniss

Katniss Senior Admin
    Senior Administrator

Tbh why not ask @Jonthespartan29. As he had to fix it. When I don't even have arcade perms how did you expect I had anything directly to do with it in the first place?