Welcome to ParadiseMC

"Creating what you envision."

An Apology

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Silvernub, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Silvernub

Silvernub Retired Staff

Hey everyone. I just want to take a few minutes of your time and apologize for the monstrosity of an event we called Prom v2.0.
    I'll just come out and say what you all were thinking - it was terrible. I agree, it was. I had literally no time to prepare anything, which made me end up having to dump it on Jon the night before, who was already tired and thus missed a lot of stuff. The build team let me down as well by waiting until the last minute to get the map done. That's why it wasn't that great either.
    Prom was a fantastic event last year, 80ish people stayed the entire time. I wanted the same level of success this year, but since it wasn't prepared in time, that wasn't possible. I don't like being the host of events that don't meet anyone's expectations. All of the harsh comments and complains yesterday were well deserved. I just wanted to take this time and apologize for letting you all down.
    I would like to have a make-up event sometime soon, but I'm not sure how soon it'll be possible for me, if it will at all.
    Hopefully all of the problems yesterday didn't negatively influence your opinion of PMC as a whole. It was frustrating, not only for you guys, but for us as well. I ended up leaving early because it just wasn't worth it for me to stay. I actually didn't have time to be there at all, but I traded my responsibilities for PMC again.

On a better note, here is a screenshot of the winners of Prom King & Prom Queen, @Faiaz and @Toast1122.
    [​IMG]

I hope to see you all around PMC in the future! Once again, I sincerely apologize for letting you all down and wasting your time.

- Rachel

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. ItsaChicken

ItsaChicken Well-Known Member

The prom was a bit of a disappointment because it was more of a pvp event than a prom. But I'm sure if you guys had more time it would've been much better! Hopefully the new event will be a little more like the first one. (If you make another event)

Edit: tl;dr This event wasn't really distinguishable from any other event and the event was planned about a month in advance, don't push stuff until the last minute (unless it wasn't the person's fault).

#2 ItsaChicken, Apr 30, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Faiaz

Faiaz Retired Staff

I wasn't here last prom, so idk how well that event went. Yeah this one was a bit rushed, but even then, I didn't see it to be that bad. There were some minor setbacks, which we were able to fix easily, and I get why some players got upset when certain things were taking too long to get along with. Even then, I don't think it was absolutely terrible, considering how most of the senior team has a pretty busy schedule. But hey, Prom King and Queen, that's nice :D @Toast1122 <3 We're obviously like the best couple ever, pls.

• Love Love x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. DukeShepGaming_

DukeShepGaming_ Media Team
    Media Team

I was asleep during the prom...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. LWPM

LWPM Active Member

To be honest, not surprised that this event, as many others, keeps being half of what they could be. We know staff have a social life too but come one, start earlier with the prepping then. Letting the players down makes a bad name for the network. An apology is the least people can expect.

#5 LWPM, Apr 30, 2017
    Last edited: May 1, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Savage Savage x 1
  6. HugsPugs

HugsPugs Retired Staff

Ayee I wasn't the only one who was alseep, woo

7. LukeFrost

LukeFrost Guest

Kinda harsh

Yeah the prom was a bit of a let down but cmon, we're talking about a prom in a Minecraft server. What do you expect?

8. Silvernub

Silvernub Retired Staff

It doesn't matter what it was, to me it's just an event that failed miserably.

9. Kyoceti

Kyoceti Active Member

why not take some of the suggestions and do this.
    it seems it would make it a lot easier for staff at this point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Silvernub

Silvernub Retired Staff

events is a staff-only team, we discuss things that only staff are allowed to know.

11. LukeFrost

LukeFrost Guest

Well at least some of the staff actually tried. They gave up their time yesterday, it's better than the few months we have had without ANY events.

12. tiwats

tiwats Admin
    Administrator Media Team

i get that there's people in the EU, so the time can't have been shifted later in the day, cause here in the pacific, it was 10am, and I had piano :( it would be great if my teacher allowed me to reschedule lol

13. LaMortaGaming

LaMortaGaming Well-Known Member

Dont. dont embarrass yourselves more....this happens at almost every event you guys try to have...what else to expect from pmc, at this point
    lol, my opinion was changed a really long time ago.
    lmao, you say it as if we have a say in anything, let alone know whats going on in the server (for the love of god prove me wrong by actually implementing suggestions instead of saying "oh yeah were here to take your suggestions and we actually care")
    and you know what, yeah ive been throwing alot of salt lately but through it all, i just want to see change and i still haven't...this only reinforces what i already think about the server and where its headed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. suilam

suilam Well-Known Member

we had so much fun playing trivia

lol it was cancer

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Savage Savage x 1
  15. Daniel51003

Daniel51003 Retired Staff
    Trial Moderator

Isn't that what's happening right now. I mean the thing going on with freelance, some rule changes because of what happened on the forums.

16. LaMortaGaming

LaMortaGaming Well-Known Member

OH YES! ive heard all these great things that are going to happen! my issue is that i haven't seen it, and until then, i wont be able to get on board. being told something is going to be great, and something actually being great are two completely different things (the prom failure, for example.....all this big talk about how good it was going to be, then boom. everything falls through. its what i expect, and until i see something (finished and in its final form, unlike most of the resets you put out) i wont be happy....oh well)

17. AssassinJillian

Morta is 100% correct. In all honesty the community, player base, and staff team itself has been a complete flop in the past few. Honestly the prom last year was great, and even though I didn't attend this year judging by the comments it was a let down. Another prom with more time put into it might be nice, but it may not be that good of an idea considering the small player base (100) compared to last year (1000).

18. AssassinJillian

much of the server itself is cancer.

19. Joe

Joe Active Member

Questionable apology. I know Rachel's just passionate but it still seems a bit panderingy. I was only there for like 20 mins so maybe it just was that complete garb, but the apology could be more like... dignified? Idk. I wouldn't pay attention to me.

20. gold_the_noob

gold_the_noob Member

There was a prom?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!! And for the apology, it's just a game Rachel (never called silvernub by that) real life is more important than a game

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1